2021.2 Support

Ask a question here. It may wind up in the FAQ on the plugin homepage.
admin
Site Admin

Re: 2021.2 Support

Post by admin »

I did build 1.1.8p1 and 1.1.9 with Xcode 13.1, and that could be the cause of the issue with UCB. The last plugin update doesn't require any iOS 15 adjustments, so if need be I can just recompile the libraries with Xcode 12.x to unblock you.

I had upgraded XCode to work on the GameKit plugin that needed updating to support tvOS 15.0. Will need to reinstall the previous version, but will get around to it today and have it ready for you tomorrow.

In the meantime I'll see if there's a way around the UCB build error you are encountering.

8bitSnail

Post by 8bitSnail »

Thank you for all of your help!

Xcode 12.x recompiled libraries would be greatly appreciated if that can unblock us for now, and I'm happy to test out other approaches in the future as well.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Libraries were rebuilt with Xcode 12.5.1. You can find them in the commit labeled v1.1.9.p2

8bitSnail

Post by 8bitSnail »

I tried the latest libraries out and received the same error from Apple on submission. When I have a decent internet connection, I'm going to try to download Xcode 12.5.1 and perform a local "Rebuild from Bitcode" as suggested here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/496 ... -app-store to see if there are any more hints I can provide.

Thanks

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'll have time to take a deeper dive into this issue over the weekend. Were you able to fix the submission issue by compiling the libraries yourself?

8bitSnail

Post by 8bitSnail »

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to attempt. I've gotten myself into an update cascade here.. Need to update MacOS to update Xcode, which means syncing up with IT, etc. I could probably build with Xcode 12.2 but I need to do these updates anyway, so chose that route. Will report back when I do get there though. Thanks!

marinbenc

Post by marinbenc »

Chiming in here. I had the same issue using plugin version 1.1.9.p12 of a missing DLL file when building a macOS Xcode project with both Intel and Apple.

This happens even when I select Any CPU in the import settings for Runtime/bin/macOS/HHCloudKitMacOS.bundle.

Not having Apple Silicon support is a deal-breaker for Apple Arcade.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Can you provide the logs from Xcode with the error message you are encountering so I can take a look? The libraries should contain the correct architectures, so I think something else may be the cause of the issue you are encountering.

Can you also provide the unity version you are building with, the version of Xcode you are using, and the macOS version you are targeting?

The libraries in v1.1.9.p2 should contain both apple silicon and intel architectures. You can verify this using the command line with "lipo -info".
Open up a terminal and type

Code: Select all

lipo -info /pathtothelibrary/.../HHCloudKitMacOS.bundle 
you can drag the actual bundle into the command line window, it will copy the full path to the file. You should see output similar to this:

lipo -info /Users/.../Runtime/bin/macOS/HHCloudKitMacOS.bundle
Architectures in the fat file: /Users/jonathanculp/Development/hovelhouse-cloudkit/Runtime/bin/macOS/HHCloudKitMacOS.bundle are: x86_64 arm64 

marinbenc

Post by marinbenc »

Thank you for the response.

So to be completely sure I just downloaded the GitHub repo and used the command and got the following output:

lipo -info HHCloudKitMacOS.bundle
fatal error: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: HHCloudKitMacOS.bundle
The file path is correct, I also tried to use the full absolute path. I have Xcode 13.1 installed. Can you double-check this just to let me know if this is something on my end? Again, I just downloaded the GitHub repo and used lipo right from the downloaded folder.

I don't have the logs right now because I have removed the plugin from the project to continue work, but I can provide you with the logs tomorrow.

marinbenc

Post by marinbenc »

Okay, I realised that the .bundle file is far too small to be correctly downloaded, and then I saw on GitHub that you use git lfs which wasn't installed on my machine. After installing it lipo gives the correct output. I will try reinstalling the plugin with the correctly cloned repo and let you know. Sorry for the confusion!